Here's something to get your creative juices flowing for Father's Day.
Use “Hand Drawn Countdown”
- Welcome people to church.
- Give away “oldest father” award, or “coolest father” award, etc. Have fun with this.
PRAYER FOR DADS
- Option 1: Video “Father’s Day Prayer”
- Option 2: Ask all fathers and grandfathers to stand. Pray a prayer of blessing over them.
REFLECTIVE WORSHIP THROUGH SINGING
- How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
- One Thing Remains
- He Knows My Name
- Your Love Never Fails
- How He Loves
- Father’s Song
- Option 1: Elementary-age children (either live or on video) fill in the blank: Dad. Thank you for____.
- Option 2: Video “Unanswered”
- Option 3: Three children read Luke 15:11-32, trading off lines, on three microphones across the stage.
Title - What Makes a Great Dad?
Story - The Prodigal Son
Scripture - Luke 15:11-32
- POINT ONE: Great dads give their children freedom to make their own choices (15:12)
- POINT TWO: Great dads initiate love and compassion toward their kids (15:20)
- POINT THREE: Great dads choose the relationship over the rules (15:28-32)
- Welcome Home (Brian Littrell)
- The transition between sermon and song is important. No distractions.
- Invite people to “come home”, whatever that looks like in your unique community of faith.
- Make this a moment of commitment.
- Make it memorable.